Paris, France–May 12th 2012

IMG_0732
After saying a ton of goodbyes at the hostel and figuring out a bus to get to the airport to get my 6am flight I got to bed around 1:30am. The next thing I remember I was on the 2:45am bus to the airport. Barcelona does not sleep, the buses were still packed with people. Happened to meet someone who was eating a pint of ice cream to himself that ended up being on my flight. Every flight I packed all my gear into one carry on bag so that I didn’t have to check anything the whole trip so I had thermals, and three jackets running though the airport because I put in the wrong line. Again I did not sleep on the plane because the view from up in the sky is incredible. Took a bus into Paris and then looked at this map.   (The above picture is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.)

IMG_0713  I figured I would walk to Arc de  Triomphe then to the Eiffel tower. I got some of the best sushi I’ve ever… on the way.














IMG_0750
Honestly did not think the tower would live up to the hype, but when I turned a corner and got my first impression, pictured below, I had an overpowering feeling come over me. Don’t know how to explain it exactly but I was in some kind of romantic awe.
IMG_0764

IMG_0768IMG_0778
I spent probably 3 hours in Parc du Champ de Mars  in pure the amazement of the tower.

IMG_0823





Sometimes I wish I had a real camera.
IMG_0826IMG_0829

Needless to say it was a long day feeling like homeless dude after no sleep. But seeing the boys was light at the end of the tunnel.

IMG_0852IMG_0835

IMG_0842
Free food for the boys.
IMG_0844



IMG_0868IMG_0849
Crepe in France with the boys, no big deal.
IMG_0856
9d3787769c5d11e19dc71231380fe523_7
After the show some kid offered us a place to stay but there was a language problem and he thought that we wanted to go out and party because some said that jokingly. So we drove for about 2 hours back and forth before we got to his house. By the time everyone settled down and started to get to sleep it was around 5:00 am. I had a bus to catch on the other side of Paris at 9am so I left that apartment around 6am. So just a reminder that’s an hour each day for the last two days. I hit the streets and found an underground subway.
IMG_0875






I had to check in at 8am and this picture was taken about 7am on the other side of town. I also had to find a printer to print out my boarding pass in that time. Was really fun reading that map and hoping from train to train. After about 5 trains and a hotel that let me print out the pass I got to the bus around 8:57. What a rush.
IMG_0876
Probably the most exhausted I have ever been in my entire life.

Next spot Mol, Belgium.