“Groezrock” Meerhout, Belgium – April 28-29th 2012

IMG_1144

I managed to get to Meerhout and talk to a couple of people on the train going to the fest. When I got the the festival I ran into Dave the driver of the van of the UK tour. He bought me a coke and told me to stay in touch so I could set up camp close to him.
So now the search was on to find a tent. There was a camp store I was counting on at the fest but you need to buy a camping ticket to get into the camping area where the shop was. I didn’t want to buy a ticket if I couldn’t find a tent. I asked the staff and they said there were no tents. I was going to roam town 6 km away for a hostile. As I was leaving a really nice guy(Lukasz){middle of the picture} recognized me from the UK shows. He actually was the guy who filmed the Sheffield show. Him and his friend (Gzy) {closest to me in the picture} Started talking to me and wondered what I was doing. They were camping and went into the store for me to find out if they had tents. The smallest cheapest tent was some $80. I figured I would continue to find a place in town instead. The guys were talking to me about the music they liked from southern California and two drunk dudes in their 40’s came up and were babbling drunk talk. We entertained their slurr for a minute and then Gzy said, hey my mate needs a place to stay tonight, have you got room? I thought to myself NO! NO! It is 11am and these dudes are already smashed. To my luck, the guy with the curly hair said yeah, I got an extra tent I didn’t set up for him. He helped me set it up and said enjoy. Again I was amazed at the hospitality. I was so happy, not only because I like camping but also because that tent became my refuge from all the wild drunk people partying around me. I really had never seen so many tents in my life. And on top of that they were so closely packed that you could barley walk though. There were so many tents I actually just took a walk for 40 minutes looking at all the tents. The fest hosted around 20,000 people. At one point resting in my tent a drunk person fell on it and smashed me, I wasn’t even mad, I thought it was hilarious.

 

IMG_1149


The Green tent was my home for two nights. Pretty good, but it rained at night and was around 40 degrees. Needless to say I got sick after that.
I got in for free because David was nice enough to throw me on the Terror guest list. Trouble was that I was not aloud to go into the band area so to say hello to David I had to wait for his set and crawl across the heads of hundreds of people to get close enough for him to see me.
The Gorilla Biscuits set blew my mind, I had so much fun its was crazy. I really don’t know if the camping in the rain with a bunch of retards and getting sick was worth it but it was quite a ride.

Here is Luckaz the last time I saw him going off his own way.


  IMG_1151IMG_0088 

Gzy and I were both going to Brussels so we hopped on the same train together and he gave me all the advice I needed.
Really nice guy, talked my head off but sweet person. It was very nice to have someone to travel with for the 3 days we were together. I have a hard time understanding meeting all these people that I have on the trip that I really enjoy, get close to them and then will just never see them again. I wish I could take all the people I have met home with me.

  IMG_1152

Since I am not continuing with the band until the Paris date I am going to visit my friend Ruben.
Next stop Barcelona, Spain!