Saint Albans April 26th 2012

IMG_1072

Another mellow nice countryside drive to the show.
It was our last day together so we decided to stop off at an expensive lunch for the boys.

IMG_1054IMG_1062

John had left his neck pillow at one of the earlier shows so the girl looking at the camera came all the way out this show to get it back to him. Therefore the rest of the night James hid the pillow and John was frantically searching.
IMG_1080IMG_1082
IMG_1084

IMG_1077

Goodbye new UK buds.

IMG_1124 
The last night with Backtrack I ended up talking to a kid who was going the same route as me to London. I said he was leaving at 4 in the morning and we could travel that far together. Sounded better than hanging out in a station for the night because my bus from London to Belgium didn’t leave untill 8am.
Kid was nice enough but it wasn’t his house, the girl who’s house it was was straight edge so we talked and then went for a drive. She was the equivalent as a police reserve volunteer and she said she was used to driving really fast. It was so fun driving with her. She drove just like me, but an added element of excitement for me was the fact that my brain thought we were on the wrong side of the road as we raced though the city and burning rubber though roundabouts.

IMG_1125IMG_1126        
   By the time we were done it was about 2am. The kid came up to me and said he was just going to drink beer for the 2 hours before we left but if I wanted to lay down I was welcome. I took a shower and did take that nap.
I woke up to a bright sunny day…. wait what? The little prick was passed out with a beer on a couch and it was 6 in the morning, there was no way I was going to get to London in time for my bus. I did get to London and had to pay a large fee for changing the time of my bus to 2pm and waited in the station because it was raining outside. I did manage to hang out at the American embassy.

IMG_1130 IMG_1133

The bus was cool and it actually drove into a large train at one point to tunnel under the channel into France. I sat next to a nice enough guy. He was also on a solo trip going to ride the rails through Europe for three weeks with no plans. He had complained that some of the hostiles he wanted to stay at had an age limit and he was too old so had to pay for a hotel.